HEALTH EDUCATION/HEALTH PROMOTION
Does your organization need a speaker on a health-related topic? Do you have questions or need general information about health matters? Contact us, and we will be happy to provide you with general information about a variety of health-related topics relevant to Scioto County residents.
Examples of Health Education and Outreach topics available as presentations through the Scioto County Health Department:
- Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Pre-teen, Teen, and College Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Infant and Child Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Adult Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Hepatitis A Outbreak: How To Protect Yourself and Your Organization
- Safe Sleep for Infants
- A History of Substance Abuse Disorders in the U.S.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Travelersí Health: Health Risks, Travel Vaccines, and Health/Safety Precautions for International
Travelers. (You can specify the countries or destinations of interest to you. If you have a group traveling for a school trip, mission trip, or college course or service trip, we will be happy to do a presentation for your school, church, or college group.)
- Many other topics by request
For information on health-related topics or to request a speaker for your organization, call 740-355-8358 and ask to speak to a public health nurse. We are happy to help you!