The Scioto County Health Department through an award from the Water Pollution Control Loan Fund is making assistance available to income-eligible homeowners in Scioto County to repair or replace their home sewage treatment systems. The assistance will cover up to 100% of the cost to install the home sewage treatment system and to abandon the old sewage system. The assistance will also cover connections to available sanitary sewers.
SEWAGE SYSTEM REPAIR/REPLACEMENT ASSISTANCE
Home Sewage Treatment System Award
100% poverty level = You pay 0%
200% poverty level = You pay 15%
300% poverty level = You pay 50%
For more information on income requirements, Sewage System Repair/Replacement Funds Information Sheet
Contact Scioto County Health Department at 740-355-8358 with questions or to apply.
In order to qualify for assistance:
Income verification must be submitted for all household members over 18 years of age.
Examples of income verification are:
- The applicant must own and live in the home as their primary residence.
- Rental properties, new builds, foreclosures or homes for sale are NOT eligible for assistance.
- The total gross yearly anticipated household income must be below 300% of the 2016 Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Employment: Copies of your 4 most recent paystubs or signed Employer Verification form for all employment.
- Fixed Income: A statement from the agency verifying the amount of monthly income received (such as unemployment, Social Security, SSI, Disability, Child Support, pension, etc).
- Self-employment: A copy of last year’s federal filed income taxes, including Profit and Loss Statement.
- Interest Income: A copy of bank statement reflecting the amount of interest earned last year.
You may qualify for funding assistance to repair or replace your system if you have a household sewage treatment system that has failed, is failing or in need of repair.
Starting this year assistance for the abandonment of failed household sewage treatment systems and connections to centralized sanitary sewer systems will be available.
- Your home must be owner occupied or being purchased via Land Installment Contract per ORC 5313.
(NO rentals, new builds, foreclosures or homes for sale)
- Your system must be documented as failed by the
Scioto County Health Department.
- You need to be income eligible (See tables on back)
Verification of homeowner’s household size and income will be conducted by the health department using established guidelines
For additional information or to qualify for the program, call Melissa Spears at 740-355-8358. The Scioto County Health Department is able to make this funding available through the Ohio EPA.
Funds are available for a limited time.
SEWAGE TREATMENT SYSTEMS
The Health Department issues permits to install, repair, or abandon household septic systems and gray water sewage treatment systems.
Prior to installing any sewage treatment system the land owner is required to:
- Obtain a soil evaluation. This can be from a qualified soil professional or the health department.
- Based on the results of the soil evaluation report a system design plan may be completed.
- Apply to the Scioto County Health Department for a Site Review.
- Apply to the Scioto County Health Department for a permit to install the Sewage Treatment System.
If you are buying/selling a home or upon the homeowners request, the Health Department can evaluate your existing household sewage treatment systems. See Evaluation of Sewage – Water System Application form for more details.
- Site Review Application and Instructions
- Evaluation of Sewage – Water System Application